ABS Control Module
The anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module operates the ABS system based on data received from its various sensors.
Symptoms of Wear or Failure of the ABS Control Module
- Illumination of the ABS warning light
- A failing ABS control module can turn on the ABS light and disable the traction and stability control systems (if equipped)
- In some cases, the speedometer will stop working and the Check Engine Light will come on
- A malfunctioning ABS control module can cause abnormal braking behavior when braking at low speeds
ABS Control Module Related Repair Advice
- The ABS control module continuously performs diagnostic self-checks. If it finds a problem, it will shut down the system and illuminate a warning light.
- On some vehicles, it will be necessary to flush the brake system with new fluid when replacing the ABS control module
- On newer vehicles, the module may need to be "programmed" before the vehicle is driven