about test equipment on 2000 Toyota Camry

I m trying to find out were you can get test strips to check for a bad head gasket. they are suppose to tell you if there is exhaust emissions in the cooling system i have also seen some kind of tester that you draw fluid from the radiator to check for that.I dont know what there called or where to get them. Thanks for any help

by in Costa Mesa, CA on July 21, 2013
1 answer 2 comments
ANSWER by on July 21, 2013
First, why do you think it has a bad head/gasket?
COMMENT by on July 21, 2013
It doesnt,i just want to know where to get them
COMMENT by on July 21, 2013
Combustion leak test kit aval. at most parts stores.
Related Items:
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperat...
DTCs for MAP and TPS showing. Also had EGR but cleaned out and now good. Replaced TPS couple months back. Multimetered the TPS resistance and found to be in specs for closed and WOT. Smooth transit...
When check engine light is off, the car surges. Took it get inspected but didn't pass because O2 sensor, heated sensor, and catalyst were "not ready". Driving extra miles did not help. Different co...

Related Content