Would too much oil make the car not start? there is oil in my sparkplugs but the spark plugs still give off spark and it wants to start but doesnt it turns over. but we put too much oil in would that cause it to not start?
about oil on 2001 Plymouth Neon
BEST ANSWER by hemicuda ,
April 16, 2010
Yes if the oil level is high enough to somehow fill a cylinder then it could cause a hydraulic lock situation and would need to be drained and refilled at the proper level then remove the spark plugs and turn the engine over to pump the oil out of the cylinders then reinstall the plugs and try to restart the engine
Verified for the Plymouth Neon25 reports
3 answersMarch 10, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Plymouth Neon Questions
- The power steering fluid leaks.
- Wats wrong if the car jus all of a sudden starts smoking and shaking
- I replaced the a heater core on a 2000 plymouth neon. And now wipers won't work
- I have a Neon that is no crank, no start. I have been troubleshooting, and I want to see if what I think it is makes sense, and if there is anything I haven't thought to check yet that could be the problem. I'll explain everything in the details. Thanks!
- What cause engine to jump when AC turned on
2001 Plymouth Neon Estimates
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($225 - 292) in Monument, NM
- Steering Gearbox Replacement ($312 - 391) in Shermans Dale, PA
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($79 - 164) in Ramona, SD
- 97,500 Mile Service ($159 - 227) in Nashua, IA
- Engine Mount Replacement ($253 - 287) in Detroit, MI
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Dugger, IN