AAMCO Transmissions & Total Car Care
Hours of Operation
|Mon - Fri:||8:00am to 5:30pm|
Message from the Shop
From transmission repairs to tune-ups and any auto repair service in between, people who know call AAMCO of Tyler, TX. With expert technicians and the latest tools and equipment, you can trust that we'll diagnose and repair your car right the first time. And back it with a nationwide warranty 900 centers strong. We know all makes and models so trust your car or truck to the experts and call AAMCO now.
• Expert automatic transmission repair, manual transmissions, clutch service/replacement, and advanced computer diagnostics to identify and help fix all drivability problems, including 4X4s, fleets, and more.
• Complete brakes services including brake pads, rotors, and anything you need for all vehicle makes and models.
• Check Engine Light on? We'll check it.
• Auto air conditioning check and complete A/C services including recharge, compressor repair/replacement, and anything needed to keep you cool.
• Tune-ups and factory scheduled maintenance packages for about every car or truck on the road, to keep you in warranty and to help improve your gas mileage, for less than dealer prices.
• Expert repair and service for your TOTAL car care needs: oil, lube & filter changes, transmission flushes, exhaust, radiator/heating/cooling system, engine performance and more.
Auto Makes We Service
|AC/Heating||Check Engine Light||Muffler & Exhaust||Oil Change & Lube|
|Scheduled Maintenance||Service & Repair||Timing Belts||Transmission Repair|
|Open Saturday||Service Guarantee||Shuttle||Wireless Internet|
Customer Reviews (22 reviews)22 Sort by: Date |
I have to say they did an excellent job at being accommodating. I dropped my truck off and they offered me a ride even thought I didn't need one. There was a part delayed. It was not there fault and I was very pleased with how they handled it. They are one of the better mechanic shops in the area. It is hard to find a good mechanic; you can find them but it is hard to find one that won't rip you off.
I took my vehicle in there with a transmission problem. They told me it was going to cost $4300. They said the job was to rebuild the transmission because it was not running right. They rebuilt the transmission, I paid them the money. It slips out of gear at about 2nd or 3rd gear. I took it in and they said it must be something else. I told them about the problem, they said it must be the computer. I said, hey I paid you fix my car properly, and they didn't. It is still under warranty and they told me I had to buy a computer. It is still running but is slipping out of gear. They said bring it back in and we will check it out. They told me that I need to get a computer but they had told me previously that the computer was fine.
1 verified customer did not leave comments but provided this rating: