Knocking sound coming under the car, don't know where coming from, if the weather is warm or hot i hardly hear the sound, but in cold weather, the sound becomes louder.The knocking sounds only if the car is in motion, but on neutral idle no knocking sound . I have a mechanic check and he diagnose it need a new motor mount. is that true.
a knocking sound underneath my car in cold weather. Tachometer is steady . on 1999 Mercedes-Benz SL500
This week's top 10
Recent Mercedes-Benz SL500 Questions
- What is ac outlet in the trunk for? Can I use it for winter storage of car?
- Where is the Relay located for the secondary air injection Pump
- My sl500 makes a long beep , about 3-4 seconds long and about 5-6 seconds apart
- Lights blink with Key fab, but does not unlock or lock; engine acts locked out.
- Right side is lowered after being parked for a week
1999 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Estimates
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($925 - 1,070) in Ridgway, IL
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Ratcliff, AR
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($1,141 - 1,578) in Fitzpatrick, AL
- Ignition Lock Cylinder Replacement ($426 - 522) in Elizabethtown, PA
- Power Steering System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Goldendale, WA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($1,019 - 1,112) in Eden, WI