Have 99 Yukon 2wd 5.7 135,000 since new and most of time engine will not slow until I apply brakes. Idles correct, no service light or code. Years ago dealership replaced TPS and worked a couple days and returned. This also can happen if I pull say the MAF or other sensor wire, run then reconnect, it may decelerate properly for a day then back again. It comes and goes on its own. In a parking lot, engine will run 1500 or more RPM until I apply brakes then it idles properly. Will decelerate all the time by putting in a lower gear with higher RPMS - like vacuum has some affect. Driving it will take 3 blocks in D3 to slow from 40 MPH to maybe 30. Will decelerate when driving, if I shift to neutral and back to drive. Also has a 3 second lag period from releasing throttle to engine slowing.(maybe normal?)Thinking MAF or MAP?
99 Yukon desn't want to decelerate most of time on 1999 GMC Yukon
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Yukon Questions
- Shifter will just raise and lower without engaging in any gear
- The dash lights went completely out but not the radio lights. Why? Weird smell?
- gas engine. fuel injection. remote start. replaced injectors. remote start.
- 4x4 turn on then turn off and stay off
- My interior lights wont go out after closing doors
1999 GMC Yukon Estimates
- Thermostat Replacement ($103 - 152) in Ebony, VA
- Maintenance I ($54 - 97) in Dayton, OR
- Battery Replacement ($150 - 221) in Graettinger, IA
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Hickory, KY
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($31 - 40) in Beeville, TX
- Emission System Diagnosis & Testing ($88 - 111) in South Lancaster, MA