I purchased a used high mileage 98 Acura TL with 2.5 but seems to be in overall great mechanical condition. Several weeks later on a very humid/damp morning, it simply would not start in its usual short -less than 2 seconds -starting cycle. After numerous attempts of off/back on/crank cycles it did start. Has happened a few times since but always starts eventually. The problem only seemed to occur on really damp or high humidity mornings. I had a similar problem with a 92 Honda Accord, but resoldering a broken/cold solder joint on a main relay (posibly a fuel relay) way up under dash on driver side corrected that problem for good. My online research suggest a faulty coil wire in a main fuel pump relay for this vehicle as well. Anyone have a similar problem and know a likely fix? If so, I would REALLY like to hear from you. I am a DIYer mechanic and actually taught basic automotive mechanics at the HS and college leverl years ago.
98 Acura TL Multiple short cranking attempts required on DAMP mornings to start. on 1998 Acura TL
This week's top 10
Recent Acura TL Questions
- Radio, nav, power mirrors, and dome lights aren't working can't find fuse
- I didn't mix the coolant before putting it into the car what should I do?
- Valve adjustment
- A/C QUIT WORKING...SYSTEM IS FULLY CHARGED...SHOP THINKS ITS CONTROL MODULE SU
- my bluetooth doesn't work, I say phone setup but it won't do anything, why?
1998 Acura TL Estimates
- Radiator Fan Motor Replacement ($159 - 381) in Hartville, OH
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - 104) in Lyle, WA
- Starter Replacement ($317 - 529) in Glen Arbor, MI
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Blue Mountain, AR
- Air Conditioning Condenser Replacement ($534 - 591) in Indian, AK
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($199 - 350) in Oskaloosa, KS