the gear in the back of the tranmission that run the speedometer and the over-drive is broken , dealers say it is a trinket part. I have been to ten salvage yards, no luck. Please help
91 dodge pickup on 1994 Dodge Ram 2500
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Johnny Mopar ,
March 29, 2009
If you are describing the plastic gear on the speedo adapter attached to the Transmission tailshaft housing. This should be available at any quality transmission repalr shop. The gears are color coded and have the number of teeth stamped on it.
1 answerMarch 31, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 2500 Questions
- Voltage regulator
- Engine shuts down randomly when you slow down to turn or decelerate
- Replaced fuel pump and filter truck still wont start. any ideas on what it is?
- Van keeps cutting off. I replaced coil & complete tune up and fuel pump.
- Leaking antifreeze but no leaks visible. Brand new radiator put in yday. The top
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 Estimates
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($76 - 145) in Horton, AL
- Heater Hose Replacement ($105 - 151) in Jersey, VA
- Manual Transmission Fluid Change ($76 - 128) in Genoa, CO
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($466 - 689) in Lees Summit, MO
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($324 - 591) in Deerfield, WI
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($203 - 341) in Lennox, SD