I have a 5 speed manual. Recently went to downshift before making a turn. Next thing I know the transmission wouldn't grab/shift into any gear but 2nd and reverse. Check to see if cable was broken between shifter and transmission. Was told that shifter was indeed moving when "wiggling" where cables attach to the transmission. Clutch is good was brand new when I bought it and currently has less than 50k miles.
5sp manual. Only 2nd and reverse. on 2001 Dodge Neon
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Neon Questions
- Car starts here and there and then stopped.
- I have another code I would like to see what it will tell me what the problem is
- I start car it idles then dies i have to keep gas pedal pressed when i let off
- My 04 Neon always idles a bit rough. Has 77k on it and runs great otherwise.
- how much does it cost for oil pan replacement
2001 Dodge Neon Estimates
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($453 - 521) in Morrow, GA
- MAP Sensor Replacement ($57 - 223) in Oneida, PA
- AC Recharge ($200 - 276) in Lake Elsinore, CA
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($198 - 254) in Red Lake Falls, MN
- Engine Mount Replacement ($367 - 431) in Pauls Valley, OK
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Castalian Springs, TN