2006 BMW 550i Q&A

2006 BMW 550i Question: 550i 2006 having white smoke problems. Taken to 2 shops, no solution. HELP!

Smoke from exhaust pipe can be quite large, have to step away from vehicle. It happens at random times, not just at start up, but even after been driving for hours or while sitting at stop signs. I've spent hundreds $$. Can't seem to find problem. Where to take in Santa Barbara area? Thanks for suggestions. -
HAVE YOU TRIED THE DEALER? -
Comment 1
Yes, started there. Took it about 4-5 times, they have not found problem. Told me "not to worry that it would not effect driving or performance". But it continues to smoke. -
Comment 2
WOW THATS NOT VERY PROFESSIONAL.THERE IS A PROBLEM AND IT WILL GET WORSE.IL LOOK UP TSB'S FOR YOU AND RECALLS. NO TSB'S OR RECALLS THERE ARE A COUPLE ON OIL RING ISSUES ON ANOTHER WEBSITE. DID THEY DO A LEAK DOWN TEST THAT YOU KNOW OF? PERSIST ON THEM TO FIND PROBLEM AND DON'T TAKE THERE ITS OK ANSWER. TELL THEM TO FIND THE PROBLEM. IS IT STILL UNDER WARRANTY? -
Comment 3
Same issue aka white smoke usually at start up and when on stop light. performed leak down test, installed new radiator. No leak from coolant. Still dont know what is causing it. Any ideas? -
Comment 4
It's your valve seals. Have same problem. Big job. It's happening course of long oil change intervals. V8 should have a oil change every 10 000 km.Or once a year. -
I just left BMW dealership because i have the same problem, My 550I runs great, coolant fluids are good, oil levels too, but yesterday lots of white smoke came out of the left side exhaust and the car was not overheated but anyway BMW stated that I have a VALVE GUIDE SEAL LEAK and will cost me $11000.00 to repair. :-( -