4x4 problems on 2000 GMC Sierra 2500

i put my truck in 4 wheel drive.4hi it heels like it don't wont to move at all.if i turn the wheel just a slight bet i really don't.i checked fluid in transfer case under motor its ok.

by in Horse Shoe, NC on December 28, 2010
1 answer 2 comments
ANSWER by on December 28, 2010
It sounds like you aren't getting it shifted into 4-wheel and the transfer case is still in neutral. Could be a shifter problem or something internal in the transfer case. Get it checked out by a 4X4 shop or a GM specialist. Here's a directory link for you: http://repairpal.com/directory?address=28742&car_brand_names=GMC
COMMENT by on December 28, 2010
COMMENT by on November 21, 2012
me too i am having the same issues
my truck acts like it is holding back and not changing from 4 wheel to 2 wheel i was told to check the fluid to the transfer box where do i look for this at i have a gmc 4x4 serria series 2500 and ...
I have a 2000 GMC 2500 pickup with a 6.0 I go to engage the 4x4 in 4 hi or 4 low or auto 4WD and it switches over and just blinks and dose not go into 4WD I replaced the front axle actuator and the...
where is the ignition control module on the 6.0 L Vortec 2000 GMC sierra 2500 4x4 truck? thanks