my 4x4 isn't working well, when I steer sharp it makes loud banging noises. the brake pedal shakes and steering wheel does too when braking making me think the rotors are bad. the vehicle is squirrely on the road and going down the road feels like I'm running on flat tires. Is there hope or is it time to move on? what kind of repairs am I looking at? I put a new transmission in it in 2010 so I am not sure why the 4x4 wont work.
4x4 making loud bangs, but two wheel drive is ok. should I fix or sell? on 1999 Mercury Mountaineer
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Repair and Maintenance
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Maintenance Schedule
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Problems(9)
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Repair Estimates
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Q&A(62)
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Recalls(9)
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Shops
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Reviews(3)
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Mountaineer Questions
- My AC/Heat on the passenger side is opposite that is set from the drivers side.
- When I park my car and I try to turn it back on it wont start I have get a jump
- Steps to replacing back glass. Doesn't seem to fit.
- The side mirrors don't operate with the switch. Cruise control doesn't work eith
- The radio doesn't light up goes on n then it doesn't It's the radio with the tr