my 4x4 isn't working well, when I steer sharp it makes loud banging noises. the brake pedal shakes and steering wheel does too when braking making me think the rotors are bad. the vehicle is squirrely on the road and going down the road feels like I'm running on flat tires. Is there hope or is it time to move on? what kind of repairs am I looking at? I put a new transmission in it in 2010 so I am not sure why the 4x4 wont work.
4x4 making loud bangs, but two wheel drive is ok. should I fix or sell? on 1999 Mercury Mountaineer
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Repair and Maintenance
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Maintenance Schedule
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Problems(9)
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Repair Estimates
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Q&A(63)
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Recalls(9)
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Shops
- 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Reviews(3)
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Mountaineer Questions
- the rear lights still on even when i turn the car off
- I have a 2000 mercury mountaineer with 154,000 miles. The reverse doesn't work.
- Drivers power seat will move on its own while driving
- No heat. Blowing air fine. What is causing only cool air flow?
- random codes popping up along with engine failsafe mode
1999 Mercury Mountaineer Estimates
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($86 - 114) in Central, AK
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($292 - 739) in Watertown, WI
- Heater Core Replacement ($922 - 1,162) in Denison, TX
- Canister Purge Valve Replacement ($112 - 171) in Cummaquid, MA
- Engine Oil & Filter Replacement ($42 - 64) in Strongs, MI
- Brake Pads Replacement ($170 - 230) in Annapolis, MD