2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Q&A

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Question: 4wd problems

This morning I pushed the 4wd button and while going through some snow, I heard a clunking and hammering sound about where my feet where. When I pushed the 2wd button it went away. This afternoon when I push the 4wd button, nothing, no front wheel power (like being in 2wd) I hear the click of the relay. No warning lights or messages on the dash -
Sounds like there is an issue with the transfer case. Get it to a shop and have it checked out before you get stuck without your 4wd. Good Luck! -
We just added this article last week, hopefully it will help you with your 4wd issue: http://repairpal.com/gm-4wd-warning-light-issues -
i am having the same problem at first we thought it was in the front differential but after a closer inspection we found that i would lose the front end when we put it down on the ground it would pop out of 4wd at the transfer case -
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will ...
4wd not working.linkage is fine.low range comes in but no 4wd.
When i shift into 4wd high from 2wd while in motion the transfer case grind and than pounds into 4wd it still goes into 4wd but i believe my transfer case is shot. I am wondering if i can just buy ...
4WD will not engage-4WD dash light won't light up. Is this a fuse problem?
Switch goes into 4wd hi and lo and stays lit solid. Actuator is working but front axles will not engage. During icy conditions put vehicle into 4wd lo and hi and only get tire spin in rear.