My 4 wheeldrive doesn't work and don't know why. If I put it in nutreal and push my button for 4 wheeldrive then put it back in drive you can feel it kick in but then it kicks right back out. Why does it do this for? I need my 4 wheeldrive cause I go fishing alot on the river and at times it is real muddy.
4 wheeldrive doesn't work. on 1998 GMC Jimmy
by dawg712001 in Piketon, OH on July 05, 2011
This week's top 10 answerers
Recent GMC Jimmy Questions
- 99' JIMMY 4.3 My 4wd was serviced and HAD FRONT DIFF. AND TRANSFER CASE REPLACED. now the service4x4, light is lot up full-time and 4 button selector , has no lights at all, EVER!
- What's the Possible causes of a gas gauge pegged Below E' ,even after installing a fuel pump. 99' 4.3 vortex 4x4 jimmy.the truck is bucking and stalls occasionally at a stop... Is there a circuit shorting out ?
- My jimmy sometimes doesnt want to accelarate like normal and doesnt want to shift til 3 to 4000 rpm but other times its fine.when it acts up i cant get it past 35 40 mph.when it starts acting up theres a noise like its suckn air and a high pitch..i
- abs light comes on. rpms go up. car wouldn't move or slowly move. disconnect battery reset the computer, problem would go away until the next time. (couple of weeks) speedometer wouldn't work
- what does a clacking sound in the engine when you accelerate and brake mean?