The 4WD in the truck stopped working. Does anyone know which fuse to change to see if that is the problem? Or any other suggestions?? Thanks, Peggy
4 wheel drive problem on 2002 Ford Ranger
ANSWER by hemicuda ,
May 04, 2009
I see Cardone Industries which is available at Napa and other autoparts stores has a rebuilt transfer case motor for $118, because if they are rebuilding these motors it must be a common part that fails. Try a napaautocare center in your area.
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Ranger Questions
- When driving truck in overdrivie it cuts out like it's not firing all cylinders
- How do you replace the idle air bypass valve?
- When coming to a stop sign/light or slowing for a turn, the engine stalls.
- Intermittent popping noise while in 4WD, and acts like it's trying to disengage.
- Why can't I get 4x4 switch to turn off ?
2002 Ford Ranger Estimates
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($83 - 294) in Craigville, IN
- Alternator Replacement ($249 - 319) in Gloucester, VA
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Front ($93 - 150) in Pep, TX
- 90,000 Mile Service ($460 - 632) in Ellenton, FL
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Maryville, TN
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Glenfield, NY