when you start the car the oil seal will fail on the filter. I have used several brands, does this on all brands. was told it was a pressure relief valve. replaced the pressuer relief valve in the oil filter area. It still blows the oil filter seal. need help.
3.8L engine, has started plowing the seal off the oil filter. on 2000 Pontiac Montana
Asked by for the 2000 Pontiac Montana
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by user91328 ,
October 27, 2011
could be the check valve in the oil pump. i would have it checked by a shop to confirm.
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Montana Questions
- Hit a pothole van died still had power wouldn't start
- Could you put a 2004 Pontiac Montana Transmission into a 2006 Pontiac Montana
- Do you have to pull transmission to change solenoid and could that be the probl
- How do I fix error code B0162 for 2002 Pontiac Montana?
- My inside lights do not come on when I open door
2000 Pontiac Montana Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($144 - $198) in Luverne, MN
- Brake Wheel Cylinder Replacement ($218 - $424) in Dupont, CO
- Water Pump Replacement ($235 - $513) in Phillipsville, CA
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($230 - $404) in Fort Worth, TX
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($223 - $243) in Stockholm, ME
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($144 - $187) in Newport Beach, CA