300 sel continual feul delivery problems on 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL

car will take off and when it decelerates it will cut off.it will re start some times right away and other times it wont. It will idle.sometimes it will barely accelerate or pick-up the fuel. car had sat for 4 yrs. installed new fuel pump,filter,fuelline ,and a used fuel distributor. any advice will be greatly appreciated.

by in Douglasville, GA on June 13, 2011
2 answers
ANSWER by on June 14, 2011
A used fuel distributor is REALLY risky on these cars. I used to work for Bosch and these cars have a KE-Jetronic system, which is very ,very precise. I would never use a used anything on this car. Best way to really isolate the problem is to do a system pressure test and a fuel distributor and injector flow test, but this is pretty hairy, because these cars have like 90 psi fuel pressure. It could also be ignition related, i.e a crank sensor etc. If you don't have much experience, then have a good German shop diagnose the problem then, you can replace the parts.
ANSWER by on July 17, 2011
I had he EXACT problem with cutting out while decelerating... I spent over $1500 replacing everything from the screen inside the fuel tank, pumps, accumulator, filters, you name it. I fired 3 different mechanics as well as spending hours and hours and hours of my own time. It's the Fuel Distributor Pressure Regulator EHA Valve. I hope this saves you a lot of time and money. Beats buying a new Distributor for 2,300 or getting it rebuilt for 400. Good luck!
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiateReply