Okay first of all, the engine was ran low on oil, obvioulsy causing it to heat up. I understand that this most likely killed all the sensors. The engine turns over, therefore it is not ceased. (Thank God) It is in proper time, and has new timing belt. It will run when starting fluid is sprayed in the intake for as long as you spray it. It will also start up and run a second or two then die under normal start conditions with no starting fluid spray, however only last a few seconds then dies. The TCM, ECM were replaced, electrical system reset, power drain performed. The battery is new and has good cold cranking amps. The Crankshaft and Camshaft positioning sensors replaced, Alternator replaced, Fuel injection pump replaced, In tank lift pump replaced, fuel filter replaced. All fuses are good. Pretty much the entire fuel system has been replaced. I removed the glow plugs and can see (mist) getting pushed out under pressure indicating the injectors are spraying, and there is good compression in the cylinders. Note: the glow plugs have also been replaced. There is no power in the glow plug wiring harness standing by, however and the glow plug light mil-light is on. I ran jumper wires to each glow plug causing them to heat up. Still not starting. Possible Glow plug relay or wiring harness need replaced...im thinking but what else could it possibly be in this platform?
2004 1.9 TDI (BEW) Engine, Pump Deuce has starting problem...... on 2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
- 2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Repair and Maintenance
- 2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Maintenance Schedule
- 2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Problems(13)
- 2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Repair Estimates
- 2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Q&A(19)
- 2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Recalls
- 2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Shops
- 2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Reviews(2)
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta TDI Questions
- I have a P0112 engine code on but need to smog my Jetta for registrations
- Will VW be able to tell if my car was not running on the required date?
- 6 sp Manual. Clutch will not disengage. No slippage. Cost Estimate?
- ok i have no advance on fuel pedal engine wont excelorat
- Rattling noise in neutral with clutch.
2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Estimates