My mechanic told me steering pump seized up but then said it was rack and pinion. Now someone else is saying its rare for them to go out and he thinks I should just replace the pump. Could anyone tell me how to differentiate between the pump and rack pinion? Thanks so much
2002 Volkswagen jetta rack pinion or pump on 2002 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- My 2006 Volkswagen jetta dash board lights went out and it would not accelerate
- After installing aftermarket stereo car will crank but will not turn over.
- Trunk will not open with key or switch. can I open it from inside the trunk?
- Whats makes it not shift out of park
- EPC Light Comes on when Headlights turned on, break lights also stay on
2002 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Brake Drum Replacement ($327 - 464) in Minto, ND
- Starter Replacement ($324 - 524) in West Danville, VT
- Add Timing Belt Tensioner ($45 - 91) in Cheltenham, PA
- 112,500 Mile Service ($42 - 105) in Hunt, NY
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($805 - 1,115) in Smithshire, IL
- Neutral Safety Switch Replacement ($152 - 304) in Garfield Heights, OH