Code read "misfire on #3". Replaced plugs,wires,coils,cam shaft sensor. Will run okay for a few days then back to missing and power lose. Now when going up any kind of grade I lose almost all power and the engine light blinks. Even on flat it is hesitating and missing.
2002 Taurus no power on 2002 Ford Taurus
Asked by for the 2002 Ford Taurus
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by dandd ,
August 22, 2010
Common for the plastic Intake Manifolds to leak and or crack and cause these types of problems. I would see how your fuel trim is. Do you ever get any P0171-P0174 types of codes which have to do with lean mixture faults?
Verified for the Ford Taurus57 reports
2 answersFebruary 04, 2011
1 answerJune 03, 2012
1 answerAugust 26, 2014
1 answerApril 04, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- Car is leaking from around water pump but is not the water pump! Firestone said,
- I spilt soda all over the middle console 10 min. later the heater went crazy?
- Codes that are showing are p0351 and p0353. Says ignition coils A and C.
- how to program the cluster on the dash
- When I crank my car the car studders and stops. I let it rest for 15 minutes.
2002 Ford Taurus Estimates
- Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($105 - $145) in Coupon, PA
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($276 - $400) in Reliance, SD
- Head Gasket Replacement ($991 - $1,527) in Witts Springs, AR
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($273 - $379) in Pellville, KY
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($498 - $629) in Sultana, CA
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($213 - $527) in Herndon, VA