About a week ago I stopped to grab my mail on the way home, was only out of the car for about a minute and when I got back in it would not start, no cranking, nothing. I've had all of the common problems in the past so I am usually pretty good at figuring it out on my own, but I had the ECU replaced about 2 years ago and haven't had the security feature problem, or really anything electrical for that matter since. The security light is not blinking or showing, so its not that. I finally disconnected the battery and let it sit for about 6 hours, plugged it in and still nothing. I disconnected again and left it overnight, the next morning I plugged the battery and it and started right up. I drove it 3 days, and then it did it again. I unplugged the battery again overnight, started up the next day and worked until yesterday. I left yesterday morning and it started fine, parked it for about 2 hours and came out and it wouldn't start. I left the battery unplugged overnight and it still won't start. I had the battery tested today, I checked all of the Relays and Fuses, checked the connection to battery. I'm going to have someone come take the starter off and check that, but if it's not the starter I'm at a loss. I've been down this road before and dropped $800-$1000 just on diagnostics, so I do not want to do that. Hoping someone is familiar with these sensitive Grand Am electrical systems might have some advice.
2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT Starting Problem on 2002 Pontiac Grand Am
1 answerMarch 06, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Grand Am Questions
- Where is the actuator for changing it to the defrost mode located?
- Why does it sound like muffler fell off but under the hood?
- Have a button for overdrive bit when I push it in or let itout doesn'tseemtowork
- Key placed in ignition switch but nothing is turning at all what's going on
- Went to start car and key won't turn inside ignition switch tried everything
2002 Pontiac Grand Am Estimates
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($631 - 904) in Slaterville Springs, NY
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($231 - 344) in Kennard, NE
- Starter Replacement ($292 - 516) in Uriah, AL
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($74 - 97) in Mc Cool, MS
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($122 - 259) in Alvord, IA
- Trans Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Rock City Falls, NY