The third time,I found there was a freeze plug in the oil galley with a smaal oiling whole drilled through it,this time i replaced the chain,tentioner and the oiling bore,noticing whith compressed air applied to the port,it would exit around the front main bearing,showing the passage wasnt plugged,have ran the car 300 miles and it now has the sound as if it is loose again,I didnt soak the chain in oil this time before assembly.should i drill the whole slightly larger?
2002 cavalier with a 2.2 litre,has replaced the timing chain,tentioner,twice. on 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Cavalier Questions
- How much for an actuator repair plus labor on my Chevy Caviler 2004?
- My coolant light came on this morning but my coolant tank is full
- what would cause a 1991 Chevrolet Cavalier VL to only get 7 miles per gallon
- 99 cav. Had leaking cooler line repaired them trans now has teverse first second
- My 2005 Cavalier cranks but won't start.
2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Estimates
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($277 - 469) in American Falls, ID
- AC Condenser Replacement ($375 - 459) in Pine City, MN
- PCV Valve Replacement ($29 - 40) in Pottstown, PA
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($242 - 345) in Jamestown, PA
- Brake Hydraulic System Bleed ($70 - 89) in Hyde, PA
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($388 - 583) in Seaman, OH