My 2001 Montana van turns over but won't start. Was running I shut it off to go into store. when I came out it would not run . I left it parked and went back the next day and it started so I took it home. A few days later I was driving and it started chugging then stalled out. I can hear the fuel pump ok. spark plugs are new, new engine and trans. I know I can have the computer scanned, looking for other ideas. Engine light does not blink, just stayed on, when trying to get code that way, (key in, turn on, of, on, of, on within 5 secs).
2001 Montana van will not run on 2001 Pontiac Montana
Asked by for the 2001 Pontiac Montana
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by euless_jonmyers ,
December 29, 2009
you need to have the ignition control module checked to see if it is working...if it the setup i am thinking of the ignition control module can get corossion between the control module and the coils and will cause a no start condition...you really need to find out what codes are coming from the ecm, these will tell you a lot of info..
5 answersJune 22, 2014
1 answerSeptember 28, 2015
2 answersFebruary 07, 2011
0 answersJuly 14, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Montana Questions
- Hit a pothole van died still had power wouldn't start
- Could you put a 2004 Pontiac Montana Transmission into a 2006 Pontiac Montana
- Do you have to pull transmission to change solenoid and could that be the probl
- How do I fix error code B0162 for 2002 Pontiac Montana?
- My inside lights do not come on when I open door
2001 Pontiac Montana Estimates
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in South Kent, CT
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($718 - $945) in Crandall, IN
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($312 - $566) in Woodruff, AZ
- Oil Pump Replacement ($819 - $1,051) in Neodesha, KS
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($242 - $266) in Oldfort, TN
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($293 - $348) in Jasonville, IN