I have a 2000 ford taurus and my gear is stuck in park I try to press on the brakes hard as I can but that dont seem to help none. I had this problem before when I press on the brakes that usually help but this time around it didnt help. can anybody give me some advice. I know that my grandfather said I might had drove in lots of water can that be the problem do I need to wait to it dry out or take it to a mechine.
2000 ford taurus on 2000 Ford Taurus
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by tominclay ,
September 10, 2011
Sounds to me like you have a bad brake light switch. This is located on your brake pedal. You will see a plug with a few wires on it. Ford recalled this part years ago. Check and see when you press on the brake your brakelights (not just the third) your actual taillights come on. If they don't then it's the switch I referred to.
Verified for the Ford Taurus33 reports
Verified for the Ford Taurus55 reports
Verified for the Ford Taurus22 reports
Verified for the Ford Taurus137 reports
Verified for the Ford Taurus233 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- while driving rpm drops down motor cuts off
- I've changed the 02 sensor and the check engine lights is still on.... Now what?
- Why does my fuse number 28 keep blowing in my 2000 Ford Taurus
- Hit a deer with car and now will not turn over. If we use a bypass it will turn
- I don't know why my brake light only works when I press completely down.
2000 Ford Taurus Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($292 - 435) in Hawthorne, NY
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($64 - 111) in Custer, SD
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($273 - 379) in Chase, KS
- Coolant Reservoir Replacement ($124 - 170) in Southborough, MA
- Air Conditioning System Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Pacolet, SC
- Trans Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Dumas, AR