Sometimes when I try to start the engine it sounds like spinning gears making a high pitched grinding noise, like the starter isn't engaging or something. After I try it a couple times it will start and seem fine til it happens again. Like I said it is random as far as I can tell and fairly intermittent.
1999 Ford Expedition random intermittent problem when starting on 1999 Ford Expedition
Verified for the Ford Expedition64 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Expedition Questions
- The rear side windows how do you close them?
- Truck has a hard time starting and once started white smoke comes from exhaust
- FUEL PUMP RELAY FUSE
- My transmission shifts really quick when accelerating, and shifts really slow
- I just recently changed the fuse box alternator fuse link and battery no start!
1999 Ford Expedition Estimates
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($182 - 213) in Preston, MN
- Battery Replacement ($153 - 219) in Willits, CA
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($192 - 245) in Farmington, ME
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($163 - 330) in Cleveland, NC
- Window Switch Replacement ($87 - 142) in Bixby, MO
- Variable Valve Timing Control Solenoid Replacement ($209 - 609) in Newark, AR