Transmission about ready to go? I hope not. I have a '98 Mazda Protege with 115,000 miles, 4cyl auto 1.5L. Seems to be maybe 2x a month I'll turn it over and if I get to around 25 mph it'll rev and redline and not want to shift into 3rd. If I continue driving for about 5 or more minutes it'll shift fine, but I've got to go s l o w. If I stop, turn it off turn it over again it'll drive fine. Haven't taken it to a mechanic yet but I fear the worst... Any insight is appreciated!
1998 Mazda Protege random gear stick. on 1998 Mazda Protege
Asked by for the 1998 Mazda Protege
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- We hat els would make it not drive when it feels like the clutch but not?
- Can a automatic transmission starter work in a manual transmission 2001 protege
- The Ecm is bad in my protoge. I've bought a different one but it didn't work.
- Where is the fuse box location? I changed the bu lb in back over license plate
- My key broke in half it was in my pant pocket where can i get another one
1998 Mazda Protege Estimates
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($162 - 210) in Lake Linden, MI
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($278 - 401) in Trinidad, CA
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($86 - 114) in Onekama, MI
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($338 - 514) in Bear Creek, WI
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Verona, WI
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Wolf Island, MO