Transmission about ready to go? I hope not. I have a '98 Mazda Protege with 115,000 miles, 4cyl auto 1.5L. Seems to be maybe 2x a month I'll turn it over and if I get to around 25 mph it'll rev and redline and not want to shift into 3rd. If I continue driving for about 5 or more minutes it'll shift fine, but I've got to go s l o w. If I stop, turn it off turn it over again it'll drive fine. Haven't taken it to a mechanic yet but I fear the worst... Any insight is appreciated!
1998 Mazda Protege random gear stick. on 1998 Mazda Protege
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- My car has been squealing for a couple months. Then it made a growling sound on
- How do you fix the air conditioner that has an electrical problem
- My car ran perfect. I replaced the timing belt tensioner, reassembled the motor, but now it runs on 2or3 cylinders. Timing, compression, spark, fuel all correct. Everything is correct.
- Gas coming out of exhaust
- My trunk keep sounding like it slamming close while driving, what is that?