Transmission about ready to go? I hope not. I have a '98 Mazda Protege with 115,000 miles, 4cyl auto 1.5L. Seems to be maybe 2x a month I'll turn it over and if I get to around 25 mph it'll rev and redline and not want to shift into 3rd. If I continue driving for about 5 or more minutes it'll shift fine, but I've got to go s l o w. If I stop, turn it off turn it over again it'll drive fine. Haven't taken it to a mechanic yet but I fear the worst... Any insight is appreciated!
1998 Mazda Protege random gear stick. on 1998 Mazda Protege
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- Can a automatic transmission starter work in a manual transmission 2001 protege
- The Ecm is bad in my protoge. I've bought a different one but it didn't work.
- Where is the fuse box location? I changed the bu lb in back over license plate
- My key broke in half it was in my pant pocket where can i get another one
- When I press the clutch pedal the engine decelerate and shut down
1998 Mazda Protege Estimates
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($88 - 259) in Lake Linden, MI
- 30,000 Mile Service ($193 - 293) in Trinidad, CA
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($164 - 362) in Onekama, MI
- Alternator Replacement ($262 - 400) in Bear Creek, WI
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($230 - 268) in Verona, WI
- Neutral Safety Switch Replacement ($83 - 128) in Wolf Island, MO