Transmission about ready to go? I hope not. I have a '98 Mazda Protege with 115,000 miles, 4cyl auto 1.5L. Seems to be maybe 2x a month I'll turn it over and if I get to around 25 mph it'll rev and redline and not want to shift into 3rd. If I continue driving for about 5 or more minutes it'll shift fine, but I've got to go s l o w. If I stop, turn it off turn it over again it'll drive fine. Haven't taken it to a mechanic yet but I fear the worst... Any insight is appreciated!
1998 Mazda Protege random gear stick. on 1998 Mazda Protege
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- One under the friver's side dash, one in the engine compartment
- Where is my file pump relay switch located.
- What size is the drivers side window 2003.Mazda protege ls
- Can a automatic transmission starter work in a manual transmission 2001 protege
- The Ecm is bad in my protoge. I've bought a different one but it didn't work.
1998 Mazda Protege Estimates
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($57 - $111) in Lake Linden, MI
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($217 - $293) in Trinidad, CA
- Battery Replacement ($145 - $192) in Onekama, MI
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - $61) in Bear Creek, WI
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($297 - $392) in Verona, WI
- Engine Front Cover Gasket Replacement ($170 - $198) in Wolf Island, MO