I put my key in the ignition and turn it and I can only get it about half-way to the "accessories" position. The "door open" warning then beeps. And I know my steering wheel is not locked. I can't even get my car into a shop. What do I do? Do you know how I can at least hot-wire it so I can take it into a shop?
1996 Toyota Corolla key won't turn on 1996 Toyota Corolla
Asked by for the 1996 Toyota Corolla
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Corolla Questions
- vibration at higher speeds then major wobble when slowing down or going under 30
- my car wont go into or out of park. I have to use override to start or park car
- Car starts fine but initially hesitates upon accelerator press to increase RPMS.
- Why does the rotor on the distributor keep cracking. It has happened four times.
- Why engine knocks
1996 Toyota Corolla Estimates
- Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement ($76 - $111) in Rock City, IL
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($174 - $227) in Stanleytown, VA
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($53 - $83) in Goodwater, AL
- Heater Core Replacement ($773 - $1,141) in Springlake, TX
- Wheel Bearing Replacement ($472 - $800) in Mc Gregor, TX
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($414 - $506) in Vernon, TX