I have a 1994 Buick Roadmaster, a few days ago I noticed when I was driving the stereo would turn off but then turn on a few seconds later. I thought I would have to to replace the battery. Yesterday it completely died, it sounded like it wanted to turn over but didnt followed by a clicking sound then nothing. Is it the starter? or the battery?
Buick Q&AAsk Your Question
1994 Buick Roadmaster Question: 1994 buick roadmaster
Answer #1dandd June 04, 2010, 17:03Master
test the battery terminal voltage which needs to be at least 12.6 volts. Then if that is 12.6 or more, then check that the starter is getting a good trigger signal from the ignition switch, if it is, then the starter may be defective. if the battery is low and over 4 years old, replace it and then check your alternator output. if your battery is new, then charge it up and then check your alternator output. These are a few of the basic checks I would perform for your problem if your car was in my shop.
ReplyVisitor, November 22, 2010, 00:03
I had very similar problem last year on my 1994 roadmaster-turned out to be related to the"VATS" system