1993 Subaru Legacy Engine or fuel problem on 1993 Subaru Legacy

Engine Mechanical problem 1993 Subaru Legacy 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 138000 miles It ran this morning like there was nothing wrong. But for some reason it was doing that yesterday. The car will decide to just flutter and die. It usually works for a while after doing that if I turn it off. But i will be driving down the road and it will lose power and act sluggish. I was thinking it maybe a fuel pump or fuel filter. But I dunno. the vin is 4s3bc6321p963292--. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

by in Olathe, KS on October 06, 2009
1 answer 1 comment
ANSWER by on October 07, 2009
I would start by checking the diagnostic trouble codes and see if there are any faults recorded. This can be caused by many things and replacing parts without diagnosing will be a waste of your time and money, so I wouldn't take that route. Let us know what codes you get, if any and we can direct you further. Good Luck!
COMMENT by on May 03, 2011
I have the same problem. Replaced fuel pump, filter, coil, tps, cpk, fuel relay,plugs, wires, everything I can think of except the fuel pressure regulator which I can't get the screws out or that would be replaced too