1992 Toyota Convertible Problems on 1992 Toyota Celica

The top sometimes goes up and down, but most of the time I just hear a click. I checked the fuse on the passenger side kick panel and it is good. Is there a relay that could be the problem or is it the motor for the top?

by in Hickory, NC on October 04, 2011
2 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by on October 04, 2011
I believe all those Celica Convertibles were done her in the USA (I think there is a sticker on the driver's door jamb that tells who that company was. Thee operating gear is similar to a Ford Mustang of similar year. System needs some trouble shooting to see what is going on foolish just to guess.
COMMENT by on October 07, 2011
Thank you for replying to my question. I am tracing it and it works sometimes and not sometimes. I am thinking that there might be a relay in the circuit. Do you know if this is true? And if it is, where would it be located? A relay should not be too costly even if that is not the problem. Thanks again for giving me some feedback.
ANSWER by on October 04, 2011
www.autozone.com might help you. they have a DIY section for free. Rob Betts www.aerboise.com 7736 Lemhi Street Boise ID 83709
I was told they stop making tires that fit this car but I don't believe that. Can someone help me? Need to know the tire #. Thanks! kevincurtislive@aol.com
I have a 92 celica gt convertible can't figure out what size speakers are factory has one in each door rather large two smaller ones in the dash and back seat I need the exact size.
My car makes a whistling sound when I accelerate, It is coming from the tailpipe, I have checked for vacuum leaks and exhaust leaks?