1992 Toyota Convertible Problems on 1992 Toyota Celica

The top sometimes goes up and down, but most of the time I just hear a click. I checked the fuse on the passenger side kick panel and it is good. Is there a relay that could be the problem or is it the motor for the top?

by in Hickory, NC on October 04, 2011
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
2 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by , October 04, 2011
I believe all those Celica Convertibles were done her in the USA (I think there is a sticker on the driver's door jamb that tells who that company was. Thee operating gear is similar to a Ford Mustang of similar year. System needs some trouble shooting to see what is going on foolish just to guess.
COMMENT by , October 07, 2011
Thank you for replying to my question. I am tracing it and it works sometimes and not sometimes. I am thinking that there might be a relay in the circuit. Do you know if this is true? And if it is, where would it be located? A relay should not be too costly even if that is not the problem. Thanks again for giving me some feedback.
ANSWER by , October 04, 2011
www.autozone.com might help you. they have a DIY section for free. Rob Betts www.aerboise.com 7736 Lemhi Street Boise ID 83709