I pulled the head and there is a hole burned through the top edge of the piston.
1990 Volvo 740 4 cyl. Hole burned through top of piston 4.
What is the cause? on 1990 Volvo 740
This week's top 10
Recent Volvo 740 Questions
- Hard start stalling code 233 socket 2 only no codes in socket 6, it's a Rex Regina too
- I am having starting issues when my car warms up.
- Started and ran before I replaced the fuel filter. Does the fuel line need to be rid of air? Stalls when I try and start it. Not sure what I did wrong.
- Overdrive not working
- I need to see the vacuum diagram
1990 Volvo 740 Estimates
- Head Gasket Replacement ($639 - 931) in Hickory Corners, MI
- Fuel Filter Change ($85 - 120) in Hanna City, IL
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($211 - 406) in Thorndale, PA
- Air Filter Replacement ($42 - 60) in Osage City, KS
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($132 - 190) in Lyman, UT
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($1,014 - 1,152) in Hartland Four Corners, VT