Okay so I have a 03 Chevy 1500. It has 5.3L v8. I was driving down the road and went to pass someone and gave about 3/4 throttle and you just fell on its face. I took it to a dealer to diagnosis it and they say 2 coils on cylinders 4 and 6 were bad and needed plugs and wires. I changed that and still nothing changed so I took it to another mechanic and he ran some more diagnostic and its still throwing the same codes? Any ideas? It has no power and spits and spuders. I've also tried the fuel filter and checked the pressure on the pump, no problems there. Just want to know if there's any thing I should check before I take it to a dealer and waste a lot of money.
03 Chevy 1500 5.3L v8 loses power on 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Repair and Maintenance
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Maintenance Schedule
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Problems(25)
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Repair Estimates
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Q&A(174)
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Recalls(6)
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Shops
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Reviews(7)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Questions
- 2006 Chevy Silverado. Starts fine. After a few minutes, lifter knocks.
- i left my key on when i changed battery, truck turns over but no spark
- My tail brake lights don't work but the one on the cab does.
- Was running sluggish for a day.will not start turns over has gas in the oil
- Easily broken inside door handle = 'Escape Hazard' condition! Class action suit?
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Estimates
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($96 - 118) in Bethpage, NY
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($115 - 136) in Hamlin, NY
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Fremont, NH
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($781 - 979) in Chesterfield, NH
- Engine Mount Replacement ($500 - 881) in Camden, ME
- Drive Axle Assembly Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Hardy, KY